The day before assembling the cake, you need to prepare a sponge cake, pistachio cheesecake and confit.
Almond sponge biscuit
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder into a bowl; add the almond flour, and mix everything.
- Whip the eggs with a pinch of salt and sugar until fluffy mass.
- Add the flour mixture to the whipped eggs, and mix gently with a spatula until smooth (do not mix for a long time).
- Bake in the oven preheated to 170-180 °C (340-355 °F) for about 35 minutes (until golden brown and a dry toothpick readiness).
- The amount of ingredients is optimized for 2 molds with a diameter of 18 cm, trim the edges before assembly. But you can bake half a portion in one ring, and then cut into 2 parts, because the sponge rises well.
- The calculation is for a 14cm mold.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer bowl.
- Grease the sides of the mold with oil, line the bottom with a baking paper, or, if it is a ring, cover it with foil.
- Bake at 130 °C (265 °F) for approx. 1 hour (the middle should "shake"), then hold for approx. 1 hour in an open oven, put in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours (better overnight).
- Soak 5 g (0.20 oz) of gelatin in cold water in 1:6 ratio.
- Add 125 g (4.40 oz) of strawberry puree in a saucepan and put it on the stove, add mixture of 30 g (1.05 oz) of sugar + 6 g (0.20 oz) of cornstarch gradually into the puree.
- Stirring constantly with a spatula, bring to light thickening and boiling, remove from the stove and add the swollen gelatin 2 minutes later. Stir until smooth, pour the filling into a sphere shape mold and put it in the freezer.
- Bring the milk with vanilla bean to a boil, pour over the chocolate and gelatin, beat with a blender. Cool to 35 °C (95 °F), add half-whipped cream.
- I made the mousse using the white chocolate. You can use the chocolate you like the best.
- You can also assemble the cake without the mousse, but with creamy cheese cream. It will be great too.