Almond sponge biscuit
3.63 fl oz
0.66 fl oz
1.32 fl oz
4.95 fl oz
7.26 fl oz
1.65 fl oz
1.16 fl oz
0.73 fl oz
0.16 fl oz
4.12 fl oz
0.99 fl oz
0.20 fl oz
5.94 fl oz
11.55 fl oz
0.40 fl oz
6.60 fl oz
The day before assembling the cake, you need to prepare a sponge cake, pistachio cheesecake and confit.
Almond sponge biscuit
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder into a bowl; add the almond flour, and mix everything.
- Whip the eggs with a pinch of salt and sugar until fluffy mass.
- Add the flour mixture to the whipped eggs, and mix gently with a spatula until smooth (do not mix for a long time).
- Bake in the oven preheated to 170-180 °C (340-355 °F) for about 35 minutes (until golden brown and a dry toothpick readiness).
- The amount of ingredients is optimized for 2 molds with a diameter of 18 cm, trim the edges before assembly. But you can bake half a portion in one ring, and then cut into 2 parts, because the sponge rises well.
- The calculation is for a 14cm mold.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer bowl.
- Grease the sides of the mold with oil, line the bottom with a baking paper, or, if it is a ring, cover it with foil.
- Bake at 130 °C (265 °F) for approx. 1 hour (the middle should "shake"), then hold for approx. 1 hour in an open oven, put in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours (better overnight).
- Soak 5 g (0.20 oz) of gelatin in cold water in 1:6 ratio.
- Add 125 g (4.40 oz) of strawberry puree in a saucepan and put it on the stove, add mixture of 30 g (1.05 oz) of sugar + 6 g (0.20 oz) of cornstarch gradually into the puree.
- Stirring constantly with a spatula, bring to light thickening and boiling, remove from the stove and add the swollen gelatin 2 minutes later. Stir until smooth, pour the filling into a sphere shape mold and put it in the freezer.
- Bring the milk with vanilla bean to a boil, pour over the chocolate and gelatin, beat with a blender. Cool to 35 °C (95 °F), add half-whipped cream.
- I made the mousse using the white chocolate. You can use the chocolate you like the best.
- You can also assemble the cake without the mousse, but with creamy cheese cream. It will be great too.