candied fruits (dried cherries)
chopped nuts (any to your taste)
- Sift the wheat and nut flour, and add the sugar.
- Add the egg whites to the dry ingredients, and mix until smooth.
- Melt the butter, add honey to it; pour hot butter into the dough, and mix.
- Stir in the filling - candied fruits and nuts. * The dough turns out to be liquid, that's ok.
- Pour it into molds, and put in the fridge for 5-8 hours (better overnight).
- After that, bake the tea cakes in the oven preheated to 356F (180C). The time depends on the size of the molds. It took me 20 minutes. Check the readiness with a wooden skewer.