room temperature eggs
ground or freshly grated ginger
- Grease a Bundt pan with butter and sprinkle with flour;
- Preheat the oven to 347°F (175°C);
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt;
- In the mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar until it forms a fluffy light mass;
- Then add the eggs one at a time, mixing each time thoroughly;
- Stir in the cinnamon, cloves, ginger, mascarpone, orange juice, zest, and vanilla;
- Add half of the flour mixture to the dough. Stir, then pour in the kefir, mix, add the remaining flour mixture and stir everything again thoroughly;
- Finally, stir in the cranberries.
- Place the dough in the prepared pan and bake for about an hour or more until a wooden stick inserted in the center comes out completely dry.
- Leave the finished cake in the mold for 15-20 minutes, then place onto a rack to cool;
- You can make a glaze if you'd like. To do this, mix 200 g (7 oz) of powdered sugar with the orange juice, adding it drop by drop until you reach the right consistency;
- Pour the glaze on the cooled cake.