vanilla ice cream
candied orange peels
one vanilla pod seeds
- Preheat the oven to 356F (180C). Grease the mold with butter, and sprinkle with flour; carefully tap the excess.
- Mix the orange zest with 1 teaspoon of sugar, and dry it for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Put the candied fruits in a bowl, pour orange juice heated to 104F (40C), and let it brew for 15 minutes under the lid.
- Let the ice cream thaw in the fridge, and take it out of the fridge before making the cake.
- Sift the flour with baking powder.
- Bring the butter and eggs to room temperature.
- Whip the butter with sugar until light and fluffy at medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes; add the eggs in several parts, whipping each time until smooth.
- Pour in the melted ice cream, and mix well. Add vanilla seeds and dried zest.
- Add all the flour, and mix just until the flour combines with the dough.
- Throw candied fruits on a sieve, but save the liquid. Dry it well with paper towel.
- Pour the fruits into the dough, and mix.
- Put the dough into a mold, and level it. Bake the tea cake for 50-55 minutes (to a dry toothpick).
- Cool the cake in pan for 10-15 minutes; then invert it onto a plate, and let it cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Add the liquid from the candied fruits and vegetable oil.
- Mash everything together using a blender.
- Cool the icing down to 90-95F (32-35C).
- Apply the finished icing to the cooled cake.