We have a new recipe for you!
It’s a Pancake cake with cottage cheese and apples.
Everything is pretty simple: apples with cinnamon, cottage cheese, poppy seeds and pancakes (you can put a little more of them).
The calculation is for approximately 10 pancakes (you may bake them according to your favorite recipe).
- Cottage cheese 500 g | 17.75 oz
- Sour cream 100 g (the fatter – the better) | 3.55 oz
- Sugar 80 g | 2.80 oz
- Vanillin | 0.00 to taste
- Poppy seeds 30 g | 1.05 oz
- Apples 4-5 pcs | 5.00 items
- Sugar (for the apples) 2 tbsp | 2.00 tbsp
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- Pour the boiling water over the poppy seeds.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into small cubes. Fry it in a dry skillet with sugar and cinnamon, stirring constantly, until soft.
- Whip the cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanillin with a mixer. Divide into three roughly equal parts.
- Drain the poppy seeds completely through a sieve. Mix it with 1/3 of the cottage cheese filling.
Bake the pancakes according to your favorite recipe. Here is the one you can use:
- Eggs 2 pcs | 2.00 items
- Milk 250 ml | 8.50 fl oz
- Water 250 ml | 8.50 fl oz
- Flour 250 g | 8.80 oz
- Sugar 2 tbsp | 2.00 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp | 3.00 tbsp
- Whisk the eggs with a whisk. Add the milk, butter, sugar, baking soda and salt; stir. Add the flour, and mix well with a whisk until there are no lumps left.
- Pour in the water, and stir until smooth.
- Bake the pancakes in a hot frying pan, greased with a little vegetable oil, on both sides until golden brown.
Make the cake in a split form with a diameter of 20 cm (7.9 inch).
The pancakes should be baked in a pan of the same size.
Assemble the cake, following the next order: overlap the pancakes (about 4 pieces) so that they cover part of the bottom and sides, and slightly hang out of the mold. Put another pancake from the top to the bottom (you can have two). Next, place a half of the apple filling. Then another pancake. Place one part of the cottage cheese filling. Next – a pancake and a filling with poppy seeds. Then spread the third part of the curd filling, and cover it with a pancake and apples. Cover the top with pancakes from the sides, and cover with another pancake (or two). Cover the cake with the cling film, and refrigerate it overnight.
Decorate it at your discretion.