There are many recipes and ways to assemble a pancake cake. It can be sweet or not, the pancakes can be ordinary or the chocolate ones… The number of possible fillings is uncountable… The cake I’d like to introduce to you now, is a sweet version of a pancake dessert, which contains the cottage cheese and dried fruits. Cook with pleasure!
To make this dessert, you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 0.5 l milk | 17.00 fl oz
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 0.5 cups boiling water
- 500 g 5% cottage cheese | 17.65 oz
- 200 g 20% sour cream | 7.05 oz
- 0.5 cups sugar | 3.00 fl oz
- dried fruits to taste ~ 300 g | 10.60 oz
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Pour in a half of the warm milk, then add the sifted flour. Stir it with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour in the second half of the milk and boiling water, whisk again. Leave it for 15 minutes. Then add the vegetable oil and fry in a skillet over the medium heat. Cool it down.
- Rinse and dry the dried fruits; cut them.
- Whip the sour cream with sugar until it gets completely dissolved. Mix the curd with the sour cream, and cool.
- Spread 10 pancakes with the cottage cheese, lay out the dried fruits and roll the rolls. You need to leave 4-5 pancakes and 1/3 of the custard.
- Take a 16-18 cm (6.3 to 7 inch) split mold. Place 4-5 pancakes on the bottom of the pan so that the bottom is all covered and the edges of the pancakes hang over the sides.
- Place half of the pancake rolls in a circle. Cover them with the custard and fill the void, lay out another layer of pancakes in a circle. Cover it with the custard and the hanging edges of the pancakes and cover the top of the cake.
- Place a saucer on the top of the cake, and put something of a small weight. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Put the finished cake on a platter, and decorate it with fruit and powdered sugar.