Pancake cake with cherry confit
This simple and delicious cake can be a wonderful dessert, or an interesting breakfast idea!
Explore full recipe
- Place the berries and sugar on the stove, and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir the agar with a teaspoon of sugar; add to the cherries stirring intensely, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the stove, and let it cool.
- Soak the gelatin with water, and let it swell.
- Slightly whip the yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar; add the starch, and stir. Trickle hot milk and do not forget to stir. Cook over medium heat with constant stirring until thickened.
* If lumps suddenly appear, mix with a blender until smooth. Dissolve the gelatin; add to the cream, stir and cool.
- Combine the pastry cream with mascarpone, stir until fully combined.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks and combine with the cream. Whip the cream at a medium speed for a minute.
- Melt the chocolate and let cool. Add 5 tablespoons of mousse to the chocolate, stir.