Let’s give the floor to Marina: “This is something unreal! Highly soaked chocolate honey cake with roasted nuts, caramel and sour cream. I don't know what else to say - we urgently need to cook it!”
The cake layers (~10-12 layers diameter 8.6 inch):
- Flour 520 g | 18.35 oz
- Cocoa (unsweetened) 45 g | 1.60 oz
- Sugar 220 g | 7.75 oz
- Honey 100 g | 3.55 oz
- Butter 150 g | 5.30 oz
- Eggs 165 g (~ 3 pcs)
- Baking soda 7 g (~ 1 tsp)
- Baking powder 7 g (~ 1 tsp)
The cream #1:
- Sugar 120 g | 4.25 oz
- Cream 33% 200 g | 7.05 oz
- Butter 200 g | 7.05 oz
- Roasted nuts / grillage sweets (purchased or homemade) 100 g | 3.55 oz
The cream #2:
- Sour cream from 25% 800 g | 28.20 oz
- Powdered sugar / sugar 70 g |2.45 oz
- In a saucepan / fireproof container, mix eggs and sugar. Add honey and soft butter. Whip.
- Put in a water bath, heat while whisking , for 10 to 15 minutes. Add baking soda, heat for another 5 minutes, constantly whipping. Remove from fire.
- Mix the flour with cocoa and baking powder. Pour 2/3 into the egg-butter mixture, and whisk. Add the remaining 1/3. The dough will be soft and a little bit sticky. Don't add flour! Just cool it a little.
- Divide the dough into equal balls (10 to 12 pieces). Roll out to a thickness of 0.08 inch (you better do it right on the baking paper). Cut the circle to the desired diameter. Prick with a fork. Bake in the oven preheated to 356F for 5 minutes (make sure not to burn!).
- In a saucepan, melt sugar until amber color. Pour the warmed-up cream in, and whip. Cool the cream completely.
- Whisk the softened butter until whitened. Add the caramel syrup in portions, and keep whisking. Add roasted nuts chopped in a blender, and mix
Whip the sour cream on a medium mixer speed for 3 to 5 minutes. Add sugar, keeping whisking for another 7 minutes until fluffy.
You better use a pastry ring.
- Put a little sour cream on the substrate; then put the first cake layer. Put a layer of sour cream, cover with a crust.
- Smear a little sour cream on top of the cake layer, then put the caramel cream. After that, put a little sour cream on top of the caramel cream, spread it, and cover with a crust. Repeat the required number of times.