Snickers tartlets with cashew nuts
These tartlels are the perfect combination of chocolate, caramel and nuts. Enjoy!
Explore full recipe
Grind the nuts, sugar and half of the flour in a chopper until smooth (if you have powdered sugar and nut flour, then just skip this step).
Cut the cold butter cut into cubes.
- Mix all the flour and powdered suagr with butter in a mixer with a paddle attachment (not too long).
- When the mass turns into a homogeneous crumb, add the eggs, and mix - until the ingredients are moistened.
- Next, roll the dough between two sheets of parchment into a thin layer.
- Put the dough to the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- When the dough has cooled, cut out the circles (using the bottom shape) and long strips for the sides.
- Cut out 8 circles from the rest of the dough. You will put them on top of the whipped ganache.
- Then the tartlets must be cooled in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer.
- Bake the tartlets in the oven preheated to 320F (160C) for about 27 minutes.
- Grease the tartlets with the egg yolk, mixed with 1 teaspoon of water.
- Melt the sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan (without adding liquid) until caramelized.
- Heat the cream almost to a boil. Pour it into the caramel.
- Add the butter, and piercethe mass with a submersible blender.
- Transfer it to a container, and cover with film in contact.
- Place 20g (0.70 oz) of caramel on the bottom of each tartlet.
* The amount of caramel in the recipe is with a margin.