This cheeseckake has a sable crust. You can use any other type of shortbread dough at your discretion.
All the ingredients should be chilled:
- 200 g (7.00 oz) flour
- 4 g (0.15 oz) salt
- 20 g (0.70 oz) sugar
- 100 g (3.55 oz) butter
- 60 g (2.10 oz) eggs
- 15 g (0.55 oz) water
- 40 g (1.40 oz) chopped pistachios
- Sieve the flour. Add the sugar and salt.
- Cut the chilled butter into cubes.
- Combine all these ingredients in a mixer bowl, and place it in the fridge to chill.
- Whisk the egg, and add water. Mix until combined, then cover the mixture and put it into the fridge
- Before starting to work with the dough, prepare some flour to roll it out with, as well as a sheet of baking paper.
- Knead the flour and the butter mixture into fine crumbs; add the chopped pistachios. Use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, a knife, or just hands.
- Pour in the egg, and mix the mass on low speed so that it just starts to blend with the dough mixture.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface, and knead it quickly.
- Sprinkle the baking paper with some flour (just a little), and place the dough onto it. Roll out the dough to 2-3 mm (0.10 inch) thick (if possible), and cover it with another sheet of baking paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Trim the edges of the dough so that it fits the baking pan perfectly.
- Bake the sable at 170C (338F) for 10 to 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
You will need:
- cream cheese - 550 g (19.40 oz)
- 2 eggs
- cream 33% - 150 ml (5.10 fl oz)
- pistachio butter - 70 g (2.45 oz)
- powdered sugar - 140 g (4.95 oz)
- Warm the cream and pistachio butter in a hot water bath until the latter melts completely (stirring constantly). Let it cool.
- Mix the cream cheese (at room temperature) and the powdered sugar. Add the eggs, and whip the mix at the lowest speed.
- Add the cream and pistachio mixture, and mix it all together; pour it over the sable crust.
- Bake the cheesecake using a water bath method (wrap the mold in foil threefold or fourfold, and then place it onto a bigger baking pan filled with hot water).
- Bake the cheesecake at 140C (284F) for about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Once it is baked, leave it in the oven for about 40 more minutes. Then place the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.