We have a new recipe for you!
Thanks to this one, you will be able to cook delicious pistachio meringues.
PREPARATION: You have to take unsalted pistachios and peel them. It will take about 30-50 g (1.05 to 1.75 oz) of nuts.
Grind the pistachios with a blender, and leave it aside.
You will need:
- Egg whites 100 g | 3.55 oz
- Sugar 200 g | 7.05 oz
- First, weigh the egg whites on the scales. It is very unlikely that it will be exactly 100 g (3.55 oz). If the weight is 120 g (4.25 oz), then just double this number to get the sugar amount (240 g | 8.50 oz).
- Place these ingredients in a water bath, i.e. there is a saucepan on the stove with a little water in it. Put a container (heat-resistant glass or metal) on a saucepan, and heat the mix, stirring with a whisk, without whipping, but simply stirring, until the sugar dissolves. It will take at least 5 minute. If you rub the mass between your fingers, there should be no grains of sugar!
- Pour the mass into a mixer bowl, and whip. If the mixer is manual, then whip it in the same container at the maximum speed (not just until white, but until dense mass).
- When the mass is already white, keep whipping for another 3 to 5 minutes. Add a pistachio-colored dye (optional). Mix the chopped nuts with a spatula, and pour the finished mass into a pastry bag. Choose the nozzle at your discretion. Don’t take the tiny one, as the nuts pieces will get stuck in it.
- The meringues will not be extremely beautiful, but they will be delicious!
You can also sprinkle the meringues with chopped pistachios on the top. Dry the meringues in the oven, preheated to 80C (176F) for 2 hours, using the convection mode. The taste will be superb!