Poppy sponge biscuit
The poppy sponge biscuit 6.3 to 6.8 inch:
- 3 eggs
- 130 g yoghurt | 4.60 oz
- 160-170 g sugar | 5.80 oz
- 210 g flour | 7.40 oz
- 7 g baking powder | 0.25 oz
- 90 g vegetable oil | 3.15 oz
- 25 g poppy seeds | 0.90 oz
- Mix the eggs, yogurt and sugar – whip them for 1 to 2 minutes with a mixer. Sift the flour and the baking powder into this mass and whip again until smooth.
- Add the vegetable oil, mix and finally the poppy seeds, ground in a coffee grinder. Bake at 340 to 356F under foil for about 40 to 50 minutes, then remove the foil and keep baking until a dry skewer (I generally have about 80 to 90 minutes)
- Wrap the biscuit in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge overnight (at least 5 hours).
Recipe for 1 mousse 5.5 inch:
- 4 g gelatin (20 g water) | 0.15 oz + 0.70 oz
- 110 g delicious! juicy! persimmon | 3.90 oz
- 20-30 g sugar | 0.90 oz
- 90 g cream 30-35% | 3.15 oz
- Soak the gelatin in the water. Punch the persimmon (peeled) with sugar with a blender until a smooth puree.
- Whisk the cold cream separately until soft peaks. Heat the gelatin and add to the persimmon puree, mix. Add the cream and mix the mass with a silicone spatula.
- Pour into a ring wrapped in cling film. Freeze.
The creamy custard:
- 500 g cream (curd) cheese | 17.65 oz
- 100 g cream 30-35% | 3.55 oz
- 60-70 g powdered sugar (or to taste) | 2.30 oz
Whip all the ingredients in a mixer bowl on a medium mode, and then at high speeds for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth stable custard.