lemon zest and juice
- Mix all wet ingredients and beat. Add all dry ingredients and mix.
- Cover the baking tin with baking paper and bake the cake at 347F (175C) for 1 hour 10 minutes (check for readiness with a stick after 50 minutes).
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and starch. Mix well. Put on heat and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Separately whisk the eggs. Remove the saucepan from the heat and gradually pour in the egg mixture, stirring quickly so that the eggs do not bake. Return saucepan to heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Add the butter to the hot lemon mixture and mix well.
- Cool completely. After cooling, the curd will become thicker.