- Combine everything for the filling except nuts and cook for 5-7 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, add nuts, a tablespoon of lemon juice, mix and cool.
- Combine milk and water and heat slightly. Dissolve yeast in liquid.
- Add salt, sugar, egg and yeast cocktail to the sifted flour. Knead a smooth dough. Gradually add soft butter and knead for about 7-10 more minutes.
- Cover and leave until doubled in size.
- Knead and roll into a thin, long rectangular layer.
- Spread the filling evenly over the entire surface and roll into a roll from a wide edge. Cut the roll into 2 pieces.
- Twist the two parts together, pinch the edges.
- Carefully place the wreath on a baking sheet and leave to proof for another 40-60 minutes.
- Grease with yolk mixture (yolk and milk). Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
*If after baking the shape of the wreath is not even, you can immediately place the ring around and slightly tighten, shaping.