- Prepare the pumpkin: wash, peel and cut into cubes with a side of 1-1.5cm. Slightly salt the pumpkin cubes (do not forget that feta cheese is salty). Drizzle with olive oil and honey.
- Spread the pumpkin on a baking dish lined with baking paper, and bake until tender, in the oven preheated to 392F (200C) for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the finished pumpkin from oven, and transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, defrost the dough at room temperature, and cut into the desired number of pieces. Put the dough on a baking dish, previously lined with baking paper, and make superficial cuts along the edges (about 1.5 cm). Grease the edges with yolk using a culinary brush, and bake in the oven preheated to 392F (200C) for 12-15 minutes.
- Chop the walnuts. Cut the feta cheese into cubes or crumble.
- Take the baked dough out of the oven, and evenly spread the pieces of baked pumpkin. Put the pieces of cheese on top, and finally chopped walnuts. Spice the puffs on top with freshly ground pepper. If desired, add fresh sage or rosemary leaves on top.
- Place the puffs in the oven for another 8-10 minutes at 356F (180C).
Serve ready puffs immediately.