Let's give the floor to Khristina: “I decided to start sharing the autumn recipes with these golden beauties - pumpkin muffins with orange raisins, which disappeared from our table as quickly as possible. My pastries have not received so many compliments for a long time. The cupcakes are amazing! And according to my family, they have already become the favorite dish this fall. You don't even need a mixer for cooking, isn't it perfect?”
- 50 g butter | 1.75 oz
- 50 g flour | 1.75 oz
- 50 g nuts / nut flour | 1.75 oz
- 50 g sugar | 1.75 oz
- 2 eggs
- 200 g sugar | 7.05 oz
- 200 g pumpkin puree | 7.5 oz
- 200 g flour | 7.05 oz
- 20 g corn starch | 0.70 oz
- 100 g of sunflower oil (olive/sunflower) | 3.55 oz
- 20 g orange juice | 0.70 oz
- 60 g raisins | 2.10 oz
- zest from 2 oranges
- juice from 1 orange
- 10 g baking powder | 0.35 oz
- a pinch of baking soda
- 0.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp. ground ginger
- To make the streusel first you need to grind the nuts into small crumbs. Cut the cold butter into cubes, mix it with the rest of the ingredients and quickly grind into crumbs with your hands. Put it in the fridge until use.
- Pre-bake / boil the pumpkin. Peel and puree it in a blender. Wash the raisins, soak them in orange juice overnight, take out and dry.
- Preheat the oven to 356F.
- Mix the flour with cornstarch, baking powder, a pinch of baking soda and spices.
- Whip the eggs with sugar, add sunflower oil, pumpkin puree, orange zest and juice. Mix everything until smooth.
- Mix the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients, mix thoroughly, add raisins at the end.
- Fill the molds 2/3 with dough, generously sprinkle muffins with streusel crumbs on top and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a dry toothpick.