- Peel the pumpkin and cut into cubes.
- Boil over medium heat with water and sugar.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for another 5 minutes over low heat.
- Mash the mass with a blender until smooth.
You will need 150g (5.25 oz) of pumpkin puree for the waffles recipe.
- Fry the nuts in a dry frying pan, then grind in a blender (thereby getting nut flour).
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, add butter, cream and puree. Beat again.
- In a separate bowl, mix two types of flour (walnut and wheat), cinnamon, baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix with a spatula.
- Place the dough in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Heat up the waffle iron. Pour out 2 tbsp. of dough and bake until cooked, according to the instructions (it took me 7 minutes).
- Serve garnished with honey and nuts.