- Grate the pumpkin on a fine grater.
- Roast and chop the nuts.
- Chop chocolate.
- Beat the room temperature butter with sugar for 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- Add orange juice, stir. Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into the bowl with the dough, beat at low mixer speed.
- Add chocolate, pumpkin, nuts and zest, and mix up.
- Pour the batter in a cake pan and bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 50-55 minutes. Check the readiness with a skewer. *Line the mold with pegment or make a "French shirt".
- Remove the finished cake from the baking tin, cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whole nuts and pour the chocolate icing over.
- Combine everything in a bowl and melt in the microwave or in a water bath.
- Cool and pour over the cake.