odorless vegetable oil
- Whip the eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy.
- Combine the oil with pumpkin puree (pumpkin pieces should be baked beforehand), orange juice and orange zest.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and then the liquid ingredients. Gently mix it in by hand, using a silicone spatula.
- Spread the dough on a baking sheet 30*40cm (11.80*15.75 inch), on a sheet of parchment.
- Bake the biscuit at 356F for 15 minutes. Be guided by your oven - you need the skewer to come out dry! The cake should get just a little brown.
- Turn the finished biscuit upside down, and put it on a kitchen towel. Roll it up along the short side. Let it cool like this.
- Whip the cream cheese with the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- Add the mascarpone, and whip quickly just until combined.
For the filling, you can use berry confit, caramel or boiled condensed milk, as well as lemon curd.
- Cut the sponge biscuit into three strips along the long side.
- Apply the cream and the filling. Leave some of the cream for the coverage!
- Roll the first strip, connect the seam with the second one, and twist it with the third strip in the same way.
- Wrap the cake with acetate film, and close it in a ring.
- Place the cake in the fridge.