8 fl oz
2.64 fl oz
cottage cheese 9%
6.60 fl oz
herbs (spinach, chard and green onions)
4.95 fl oz
1.65 fl oz
The calculation in the recipe is for a 6.30 inch mold.
- Pour the flour into a bowl and mix with salt.
- Add the diced cold butter to the same bowl and grind flour and butter into crumbs.
- Pre-whisk the egg with a fork and pour into the crumb.
- Mix quickly with your hands and grab the dough into a ball.
- Wrap it in plastic and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- After this time, remove the dough. Roll it out to a thickness of 3-4mm. It is convenient to do this between two sheets of baking paper.
- Transfer the dough to the mold and place neatly, forming a rim and cutting off the excess. Chop the bottom and sides of the dough base with a fork.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 374F for 10 minutes. At this stage, you can cover the base with baking paper before baking and place the peas or rice inside. This will prevent the dough from swelling.
While the dough is baking, make the filling.
- Finely chop the herbs. Mix with cottage cheese.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork, add the cream, salt, nutmeg.
- Put the filling inside the shortbread base, sprinkle with grated cheese, spread a few leaves of herbs on top for decoration.
- Bake until golden brown for about 20 minutes.