Here’s a recipe for a quickly cooked Easter cake stuffed with nuts and candied fruits.⠀
It is very simple, yeast-free, and it tastes like a delicious cupcake. The Easter cake is very tasty, moist and aromatic!
The calculation is for 2 Easter cakes (diameter 9 cm | 3.5 inch, height 9 cm | 3.5 inch).
- Pour the candied fruits with rum or orange juice, and put it in the fridge overnight.
- Melt the butter, and cool it to the room temperature.
- Whip the egg with sugar into a fluffy light mass. Add the butter, the sour cream and the warm milk, and whisk until combined.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, and combine them with the liquid ones; add the candied fruits and the alcohol.
- Stir the dough, and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Pour the dough into the molds, filling them for 2/3; bake the Easter cakes at 180C (356F) for about 60 minutes. Take them out, and pierce at the bottom with two wooden skewers; turn them upside down, and put on the walls of the pan (container). Cool the cakes.
- When the cakes are completely cool, cut a round middle with a sharp knife inside. Carefully remove the top, and cut off its upper part, leaving about 1-2 cm (0.4 to 0.8 inch).
- Make a hole in the cake, using a spoon or a knife, not reaching the bottom for 1.5 - 2 cm (0.6 to 0.8 inch).
Filling & decoration
- The filling can be absolutely any to your taste: berries, fruits, chocolate…
- In this recipe we have a creamy one with dried cranberries, nuts and candied orange fruits.
- Whip the cheese, the cream and the powdered sugar. Add the candied fruits, and fill the cakes. Close them with the top.
- Decorate the Easter cake at your discretion (with fondant/icing/Swiss meringue, powdered sugar, etc.).