0.99 fl oz
water (for soaking)
3.96 fl oz
13.20 fl oz
3.30 fl oz
trimoline or invert liquid sugar
5.28 fl oz
- Soak 30 g (1.05 oz) of gelatin with 120 g (4.25 oz) of water, and leave for 15 minutes for swelling.
- In a saucepan, mix 400 g (14.10 oz) of sugar, 100 g (3.55 oz) of water, 160 g (5.65 oz) of trimoline or invert syrup; put on medium heat until boiling and let it boil for 20-30 seconds. The approximate temperature of the syrup is 110-115C (210-230F).
- While the syrup is heating, melt the gelatin in a water bath until completely dissolved.
- Add the boiling syrup to the melted gelatin bowl, and whip on medium speed until a dense white mass. It should increase in volume and turn white. The whipping time depends on the amount of mass and the power of your mixer.
- Prepare the mold/baking sheet; cover it with cling film and grease with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Add the food dye of 3-4 colors into the mass, and make the layers, leveling them with a spatula. Even if your colors are different in volume, do not get disappointed, as it will still look spectacular.
- If you wish, you can decorate marshmallows with sprinkles, freeze-dried berries, etc.
- Leave the mold at room temperature for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the finished marshmallow from the mold, then roll in a mixture of powdered sugar and starch (1:1), and cut into cubes (3x3).
- Store in closed sealed containers (containers with lids) for 14 days.