For the sponge biscuit (for a 16 cm (6 inch) cake ring and ~8 cake layers):
- Eggs 145 g (5.10 oz) (~2-3 eggs)
- Flour 65 g (2.30 oz)
- Corn starch 65 g (2.30 oz)
- Butter 130 g (4.60 oz)
- Sugar 130 g (4.60 oz)
- Baking powder 9 g (0.30 oz)
- Whole raspberries 70 g (2.45 oz)
For the filling:
- Whole raspberries 100 g (3.55 oz)
- Raspberry syrup 30 g (1.00 oz)
- Mascarpone 500 g (17.65 oz)
- Condensed milk 200 g (7.00 oz)
- Combine flour, starch, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the butter, and let it cool.
- Using a mixer, whip the eggs with sugar until fluffy. Then gradually pour in the melted butter (don't stop whipping).
- Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the mass, and mix until combined.
- Line the baking tray with the baking paper, and place a ring on it. Pour a thin layer of dough into the ring, and add the raspberries. Remove the ring.
- Bake the cake layers in the oven preheated to 180C (356F) for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake layers from the baking paper (they are extremely delicate!), and trim the edges if needed.
- Whip the mascarpone on low mixer speed, slowly pouring in the condensed milk.
- Add the raspberry syrup, and whip a little more.
- Smear some filling onto the cake board, and place the first cake layer.
- Spread the filling over the sponge, and lay out the raspberries.
- Cover the assembled cake with foil / plastic wrap, and leave it in the fridge overnight (with some weight on top).