Tropical mousse shortcake with carrot & orange
Could you ever imagine that carrot biscuit can suit coconut, pineapple and orange perfectly? Now you have a chance to try it!
Explore full recipe
- Preheat the oven to 347-356F.
- Whip the butter and sugar until fluffy and light; add eggs one at a time, whipping well each time.
- Sift the flour on top, add the baking powder, and stir by hand, adding milk.
- Finally add the pineapple puree, carrots and coconut flakes. Stir, and spread the dough on a baking sheet so that a 20*20cm (7.88*7.88 inch) square can be cut out of it later.
- Bake the biscuit for 20-23 minutes at 347-356F. It's important not to overdry the biscuit! It should spring well!
- Let the finished biscuit cool, and then cut a 20*20cm (7.88*7.88 inch) square using a frame. Put the square on the bottom of the frame, and place it in the freezer.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water, and leave it to swell.
- Pour the orange juice into a saucepan, add a mixture of sugar and pectin to the juice, and cook until boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the swollen gelatin. The mass will be hot and liquid; you need to wait until it cools down and becomes thicker.
- Then pour the confit onto the biscuit in the frame. You better pre-cover the bottom of the frame with a film.
- Place the frame with biscuit and confit in the freezer.