- Heat the milk and cream (do not boil).
- Add the sugar to the eggs and whisk well. Gently pour in the hot milk and cream, stirring actively with a whisk. You can also add vanilla extract.
- Pour into a saucepan and place on medium heat. Bring to the boil and pour the cornstarch & water mixture. Stir until it thickens and remove from the stove.
- Add the pistachio paste and leave to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry a little, and cut into 30-35 cm | 11-13 inches x 1.5 cm | 0.6 inches strips. Twist 2 or 3 strips between each other and form into a snail shape.
- Whip egg yolk a little and brush the buns with it. Place custard in the middle of each bun and bake at 392F | 200C for 30 minutes.
Decorate the finished buns with raspberries. You can pour sugar syrup or honey on top.