- Mix the room temperature butter with sugar, then add the yolks and water. Gradually add flour. You should get a soft dough.
- Spread the dough in a mold, not forgetting about the sides. Put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, and prick a little with a fork. Bake it for 20 minutes at 392F (200C).
* Sometimes the dough swells. In order to avoid this, you better cover the pastry base with parchment paper before placin g in the oven, and place some load on top (beans, peas, etc.). Then bake it with a load for 20 minutes. Remove the load, and bake for another 10 minutes in the oven.
- Heat the milk (3/4) over the heat, without bringing to a boil.
- Mix the yolks with sugar, vanilla and starch, and add the remaining 1/4 of milk. Mix well, and gradually add it to hot milk, stirring constantly.
- In 3 minutes, the mass will thicken. Remove the custard from the heat, and let it cool.
When the baked pastry base has cooled, fill it with custard, and then lay out the berries.
Put the tart in the fridge for at least 2 hours, so that the cream hardens more.