3.30 fl oz
3.30 fl oz
0.99 fl oz
red wine for your taste
3.96 fl oz
0.20 fl oz
6.60 fl oz
Ingredients for the base:
- Apple puree (applesauce) - 100 g | 3.55 oz
- Sugar - 100 g | 3.55 oz
- Egg whites - 30 g | 1.05 oz
Ingredients for the syrup:
- Red wine to your taste - 120 ml | 4.10 fl oz
- Agar - 6 g | 0.20 oz
- Sugar - 200 g | 7.05 oz
- Prepare the pastry bag and the surface for the marshmallows (parchment, foil, cling film, silicone mat).
- Stir the applesauce with sugar, and heat them until the sugar dissolves. Then cool it.
- Place the cooked applesauce with sugar and the egg whites to the mixer bowl. Whip everything at a low speed, then increase the speed and keep whipping until fluffy peaks.
- Pour the wine with the sugar and agar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Put it on the heat and cook the agar syrup to 110C (230F). It will take approximately 4.5 to 6 minutes from the moment of boiling. Remove the syrup from the heat, and wait until the syrup stops boiling.
- Turn on the mixer at low speed, and gently add the syrup into the whipped mass in a thin stream.
- After adding the syrup, increase the speed to maximum and whip for another minute.
- The red wine marshmallows have a barely noticeable shade, but you can add a food coloring at your discretion.
- Place the mass into a pastry bag, and form the marshmallows.
- They need 10-14 hours to stabilize. Next, unite the halves, and roll them in the powdered sugar. Add some cinnamon to the powder for an even richer flavor.
The marshmallows are ready!