Sea buckthorn curd
- Mash the sea buckthorn using a blender, and rub the puree through a sieve.
- In a saucepan, mix the cornstarch with sugar and salt.
- Add the yolks and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the sea buckthorn puree, and mix until combined.
- Put the mixture on a medium heat, and cook until thickened, stirring with a whisk. You can cook it in a water bath just as well.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and cool the curd to 113F.
- Add the butter (cut into pieces), and whip well with a blender.
- Refrigerate the curd overnight.