- Divide the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy. Add the sugar, stirring constantly, and whip until stable peaks.
- Pour the sifted flour and baking powder in 3-4 passes. Mix carefully with a spatula each time.
- Pour the dough into the mold, and bake it for 20-25 minutes until dry toothpick.
- Cool the finished biscuit, wrap it in cling film, and refrigerate at least overnight.
- Before assembling, cut the biscuit into three cake layers, and soak each one generously with coffee.
- Whip the yolks with sugar until the mass turns white.
- Soak the gelatin in 30g (1.05 fl oz) of cold water.
- Whip the cold cream and powdered sugar until peaks.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the yolks, mix.
- Add the mascarpone to the mass, and whip.
- Carefully mix in the whipped cream.
- Pour in the coffee, and stir.
- Spread the cream on the soaked cake layer. Level it, and sprinkle with a layer of cocoa.
- Repeat these steps with the second and the third cake layer.
- Leave a little cream to cover the sides of the cake.
- Put the cake it in the split ring, and refrigerate for several hours to stabilize.
- Remove the ring, cover the sides with cream, and decorate with savoiardi cookies if desired.