- For the dough, cut cold butter into cubes. Spread it evenly on a large cutting board; pour flour, a pinch of salt on top, and start chopping butter with flour with a knife until pieces are formed, the size of a pea.
- Then whisk cold egg and water in a cup, pour on top of the flour mixture until the flour is moistened. Quickly grab the dough into a ball without kneading. If the dough does not come together, you can add more water. Your task is to ensure that all the flour is evenly wet, and the pieces of butter do not melt.
- Wrap the dough in cling film, and refrigerate for at least 30-60 minutes.
- Roll out the cooled dough on baking paper into a circle 0.5cm (0.20 inch) thick, place the paper with the dough on a baking sheet, sprinkle the dough with almond flour on top (also in a circle, leaving a 10cm | 3.95 inch edge).
- Randomly cut and pit the fruits, put the pieces over the almond flour and sprinkle with cane sugar. Fold the edges of the galette, brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the galette at 392F (200C) for about 30 minutes until golden brown.