Author: This is not the first time I've made scones. I've baked sweet ones with jam and ones with unusual flavors like lemon or dill. Today I baked the cheese scones, and it's definitely not the last time I'll make them. I love them! Scones are something between a cookie and a bun - they have a crispy crust and a soft, moist crumb inside. They are ideal for breakfast, served with butter or different spreads.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add the cold butter and crumb it.
- Mix the egg with milk and add to the dry ingredients, stirring with a spoon.
- Add pieces of cold cream cheese and grated Parmesan, mix quickly.
- Form into balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 356F | 180C until bright golden.