All products must be pre-cooled by spending half an hour in the freezer.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt. Pass the cottage cheese through a sieve (!!!).
- Sprinkle the flour, salt and baking powder on the worktop. Add pieces of butter and quickly chop the butter while kneading with flour. Add cottage cheese and continue to knead the dough just as quickly. You should get a non-uniform dough, where pieces of butter are clearly visible.
- While the dough is cold, roll it into a long layer and fold it into three. Flip 90 degrees and repeat 4 more times. *At first, the dough will stick to the table and to the rolling pin, so sprinkle lightly with flour. If the dough gets hot during the rolling process, put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes.
- After the last rolling, fold the dough into three, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for 8-12 hours, or in the freezer for an hour.
- Roll out the cold dough into a large rectangular shape. Sprinkle with sugar and lightly roll with a rolling pin.
- From both ends of the dough, roll up to the middle of the layer.
- Cut with a sharp knife into pieces a little more than 1cm.
- Place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 428F (220C) for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool and cover with jam. Let the jam set and apply the glaze. *If the jam is thick, dilute it with a little water.
- For the glaze, add enough lemon juice to the powdered sugar to make a non-liquid icing.