- Place 1 egg into the mixer bowl, and start whipping. Gradually add sugar. Whip until white.
- Now pour in the of butter and mix until smooth.
- Next, add the sour cream and mix in the same way until smooth.
- It remains to add the flour. I've pre-mixed it with the baking powder. Add the flour gradually. It is convenient to knead the dough on parchment so that it does not stick to the table.
- When the dough is ready, you mix in all the flour, wrap it in foil and send it to the fridge for 2-3 hours so that all chemical processes go through.
Sea buckthorn gel
- While the dough is in the fridge, prepare the sea buckthorn gel. Combine the agar and sugar, and pour it all into water.
- Mix everything well, and add 2the sea buckthorn puree. Bring it to a boil on the heat, stirring all the time, boil for another minute and remove to cool, you can put it in the fridge.
- After our dough has rested, we divide it into 16 equal parts. We bake in the oven at 392F until lightly browned. This will take a couple of minutes. After baking, I cut the cake layers into a 16cm (6.30 inch) circles.
While the cake layers are baking, make a strawberry layer. Combine the strawberries with sugar, and boil it, then blend, add cornstarch, boil again until thickened. Let it cool.
For the cream, combine the mascarpone, powdered sugar and heavy cream, and whip until smooth.