Shortbread cake layers
- Mash the room temperature butter and sugar with a blender.
- Place the butter mass in a mixer bowl, add the egg, and whip until smooth.
- Add salt, vanilla, and whip.
- Next, change the whisk to the hook attachment, or knead with a spatula.
- Sift the flour with baking soda, add it to the butter mass, and mix at a medium speed until the “lumps” form.
- Next, use your hands to shape the dough into a ball (knead the dough a little with your hands), wrap in cling film, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 374F (190C).
- Divide the finished dough into pieces of 130g (4.60 oz), and roll out the 18cm (7.09 inch) cake layers, between two sheets of parchment.
- Prick with a fork, and bake for 4-5 minutes until light golden brown.
- Combine the raspberries in a saucepan with sugar and pectin (mix the sugar and pectin well).
- Cook for 7-10 minutes over a slightly less than average heat, stirring constantly.
- Mash the finished sauce with a blender (you can strain the seeds if you wish).
- Cool the sauce.
Cottage cheese cream
- Grind the cottage cheese through a sieve; add the cream, condensed milk, mascarpone and powdered sugar, and mash with a blender for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Whip the mass at a maximum speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Apply 2.5 tsp of raspberry sauce to each cake layer.
- Cover it with 170g (6.00 oz) of cottage cheese cream.
- Cover it with the next cake layer, etc.
- Decorate the cake with the cream.