orange juice (freshly squeezed)
lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- In a bowl of a mixer, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and zest. Add butter (cut into pieces) and mix using a paddle attachment until fine crumbs.
- Add the egg, milk, and knead the dough. Wrap in film, and place in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Grind figs, freed from the stalk, and dates without pits.
- Combine with honey, alcohol, orange peel, orange juice, salt and spices until a thick paste is formed.
- Pre-fry the nuts in a dry frying pan, chop, and combine with the paste.
For convenience, divide the dough and the filling into 2 parts.
Shaping and baking
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 23*15cm. Cut in half. On the long edges, apply the filling in the form of sausages, and wrap the filling in the dough.
- You can also evenly spread the filling over the dough and roll it up in the form of a roll (there will be a thinner layer of filling between the layers of dough).
- Do the same with the second half of the dough and filling.
- Bake at 374F (190C) for about 18 minutes on a silicone mat.
- Glaze the cooled rolls with icing and decorate with sprinkles.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar with the juice, and mix.