- Whip the room temperature butter until white.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla sugar and salt, and whip until fluffy.
- Pour in egg whites at room temperature, and whip again. The mass must be well whipped!
- Mix in the flour. * The dough should be quite thick. Therefore, I advise you to make a double pastry bag.
- Fill one pastry bag with the dough.
- Insert an "Open star" nozzle into the second bag. Insert the first bag into the second one, and pipe the cookies on a baking sheet covered with a teflon mat or baking paper, at a distance from each other.
- Make a recess in the middle. You can make it with a finger moistened with water. * Make deep holes so that the jam does not run away when baking.
- Fill the middle with jam not to the top. You need it as a load here.
- Bake the cookies in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for about 15 minutes. Vary the color to your taste.
- While cookies are baking, for the beautiful centers, soak the leaf gelatin in water (from an approximate calculation of 2g | 0.07 oz - per 1 tablespoon of jam) for a few minutes. Squeeze, and dissolve in the microwave.
- Warm up the jam a little as well.
- Mix the jam with the gelatin, and transfer it to a cornet.
Decorate the finished cookies immediately from the oven, while hot, with the resulting jam mass, and let them cool.
As soon as the centers set, you can shift the cookies to a beautiful plate, and please your loved ones!