- Combine the flour, sugar, salt with ½ part of butter (pre-cut into pieces). Knead into small crumbs.
- Add the second half of the cold butter. Knead into large crumbs, add ice cold water mixed with vinegar.
- Cover the dough with cling film, and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Form a circle on baking paper, rolling out the dough to a thickness of 2-2.5mm.
- Apply cream cheese (in a circle, leaving 2.5-3 cm around the edges).
- Sprinkle with grated hard cheese.
- Spread the pre-baked onions (at 347F | 175C for 20 minutes, with salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and olive oil), olives and a few sprigs of thyme.
- Bake the galette at 347F (175C) for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, sprinkle the still hot galette with grated hard cheese and pine nuts.