- Chop the cold butter into small cubes, and bwhip it with sugar and ricotta until smooth.
- Add the eggs, and whip.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder, and whisk.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones, and knead a thick dough.
- Preheat the waffle iron, grease it with butter/oil before the first waffles (no further greasing is necessary), as a little butter is already in the dough composition.
- Drop the dough in a tablespoon, and fry all the waffles until golden brown.
The finished waffles can be refrigerated for up to 2 days in an airtight container.