The calculation in the recipe is for an 18-21cm (7.09-8.27 inch) cake.
- Whip the room temperature butter with sugar and vanilla.
- Add the yolks, and keep whipping.
- At the end, add part of the flour with baking powder, and mix in.
- Pour in the milk, add the remaining flour with baking powder.
- Divide the dough into two molds.
Don't bake! Quickly make the meringue!
- Combine the ingredients, and whip until stiff peaks.
- Pour onto the cake batter, and bake in oven at 338F (170C) for about 22 minutes.
- You can bake two tins at the same time, but it's okay if they take turns baking.
- Immediately after taking, take the blanks out of the oven.
- Move along the edge with a knife (otherwise it will crack in the middle when it cools), and leave to cool.
- Heat the puree with the zest to 104F (40C).
- Add the pectin and sugar, bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the acid, mix, and cool.
Combine all the components, and whip until smooth.
- Put the cream over the first biscuit with meringue.
- Cover it with confiture (and fresh berries if desired).
- Cover with the second biscuit with meringue.
That's it! You can eat the cake right away!