- Wash the strawberries, dry them with a towel and puree with a blender.
- Add sugar to the puree, put it over the heat and bring to the first bubbles. Let it cool.
- Whip chilled cream with powdered sugar and mascarpone until smooth.
- Dip each savoiardi biscuit in strawberry puree. Arrange the biscuits in rows. (*I used a square detachable mold, it turned out 2 rows of 7 pcs.)
- Spread half of the cream on top.
- Repeat these steps one more time and form the second layer.
- Put the dessert in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Sprinkle the top with toasted almonds.