Coconut sponge biscuit
Cream cheese filling
Mint mousse layer
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Add one pinch of salt and half of the amount of sugar to the egg whites, then whip the mixture to stiff peaks.
- Whip the egg yolks with the vanilla sugar and the rest of the regular sugar until the mixture is lightened in color. Fold the whipped egg yolks into the egg whites with a spatula, while trying to keep the mixture as airy as possible.
- Sieve the flour together with the baking powder and mix them together, then start pouring the dry ingredients, including the coconut shavings, into the egg mixture in several steps.
- Bake the sponge at 180C (356F) for about 20-25 minutes.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- In a saucepan, combine 100 gr (3.55 oz) of whipping cream together with some mint, then bring the mixture to a boil and leave it to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, pulse it with a blender, then strain it and bring to a boil one more time.
- Add the bloomed gelatin and mix it all together, then pour the mixture onto the chocolate and leave it to sit for 1 minute. After that, pulse the mixture with a blender once again, then whip the remaining cream and add it to the mousse mixture.
- Pour the mousse into a cake ring wrapped in plastic wrap and transfer to the freezer to set.
- Soak the gelatin in 30gr (1.00 oz) of water, leave it to bloom, then melt it in the microwave.
- Put the frozen strawberries in a saucepan, then add 1 tbsp of the overall amount of sugar and place the pan on medium heat. If you are using fresh strawberries, add a little bit of water to the saucepan to prevent them from burning. You can puree your strawberries as well, but I personally prefer my confit with strawberry pieces in it.
- Pour the corn starch into a glass, then add 2 tbsp of cold water and mix it all together.
- Pour the starch mixture into the confiture and cook for 1-2 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, then add the melted gelatin and mix it all together.
Follow the next assembling order: sponge — syrup — filling (thin layer) — strawberry layer — filling — sponge— syrup — filling — mint mousse layer — filling— sponge + syrup.