heavy sour cream
The calculation in the recipe is for a 22-24cm (8.60-9.40 inch) baking tin.
- Cut cold butter into cubes. Sift the flour with a pinch of salt and baking powder over it. Chop with a knife or grind with your hands to the state of fine crumbs (or in a food processor).
- Add sour cream, egg and sugar, and knead the dough (if necessary, add 1-2 tbsp of cold water). Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film, and chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take out the dough, and spread it on the baking tin, prick it with a fork. Place the parchment and some load on top of the pastry base. These can be peas or beans (I have special ceramic balls for baking). If there is nothing - no problem, bake without anything.
- Bake the base in the oven at 356F (180C) for about 20 minutes.
- Then let it cool. Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Wash the strawberries and dry them with a paper towel. Cut if the strawberries are large.
- Mix the cream or cheese with sugar. Beat with a whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- Add the starch, and mix; pour in the cream, and mix until smooth.
- Spread the strawberries onto the cooled shortcrust base, and fill it with the creamy filling.
- Bake the pie in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 50-60 minutes.
- After baking, let the pie cool, and place it in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!