THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY CAKE
Here we have an amazing recipe for the most delicious honey cake you have ever tasted. You are going to love it!
Explore full recipe
The calculation is for 8 cake layers with a diameter of 20 cm (8 inch).
- 320 g honey | 11.30 oz
- 60 g sugar | 2.10 oz
- 75 g butter | 2.65 oz
- 110 g sour cream | 3.90 oz
- 1 tsp baking soda | 1.00 tsp
- 3 eggs | 3.00 items
- 300 g flour | 10.60 oz
- Melt the butter with the honey and the sugar; add the sour cream mixed with the baking soda. Mix the dough well and remove it from the heat.
- The mass will foam a lot, that's ok!
- Stir in the eggs (you better use a mixer) and the flour.
- Pour the 120 g (4.25 oz) of the dough on the parchment, and spread it with a thin layer (larger than the diameter of the future cake: the trim will go for sprinkling).
- Bake each cake layer at 180C (356F) for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Cut the hot cakes to the desired shape.
- 600 g sour cream 30% | 21.15 oz
- 180 g sugar | 6.35 oz
- 400 g cream 35% | 14.10 oz
For the custard, whip the cream separately until rush; whip the sour cream with the sugar, and combine both masses.