You can use any kind of sponge biscuit, the cake on the pictures has been made with a “chiffon” one.
The calculation is suitable for the mold 6.3-7 inch in diameter.
- white chocolate - 100 g | 3.55 oz
- cream 33% - 30 ml | 1.00 fl oz
- strawberry puree - 25 g | 0.90 oz
- butter - 15 g | 0.55 oz
Melt the chocolate in a water bath. Separately boil the cream, then pour it into the chocolate, mix the liquids well, add the puree. Cool the mixture a little bit, then add butter, smash everything with a blender and cool completely.
Caramelized pistachios (you will need just 1/2 to serve):
- peeled pistachios - 150 g | 5.30 oz
- sugar - 75 g | 2.65 oz
- water - 15 ml | 0.50 fl oz
- butter - 1 tsp
- Chop the pistachios, but not very finely. Boil the sweetened water until all the sugar gets dissolved.
- Pour the syrup in the nuts and cook, stirring with a spatula, until the sugar on the nuts caramelizes. The nuts should acquire a brown caramel color.
- Remove the nuts from heat, add butter, stir and place the nuts on a teflon or silicone mat. Cool it completely. Grind the nuts into a smaller fraction.
- strawberries (fresh or frozen) - 140 g | 4.95 oz
- corn. starch-1.5 tsp (diluted in 2 tablespoons of cold water)
- sugar (optional) - 50 g | 1.75 oz
Make the strawberries and sugar boil, add the starch and water and mix it quickly, cook for another minute, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat, then cool.
- mascarpone-250 g | 8.80 oz
- cream 33% - 300 ml | 10.10 fl.oz
- powdered sugar - 70 g | 2.45 oz
Whisk cold mascarpone with cream and sugar until creamy.
Cut the sponge biscuit into four layers.
Put all the blanks together in the next order: