- Cut fresh or frozen strawberries into pieces.
- Melt the butter, and cool it slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until combined (don't whip!).
- Pour in the milk, and stir.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, and pour into the egg mixture. Combine.
- Pour in the melted butter, and combine until emulsified.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin, smooth, and put chopped strawberries on top.
- Bake the sponge cake at 338F (170C) for about 30-40 minutes depending on your oven. The finished biscuit is slightly moist and very juicy.
- Sprinkle it with powdered sugar or decorate with Chantilly cream.
Have a cup of tea with a fragrant piece!
* It can be used as a sponge base for cakes and pastries, but be sure to let it rest in a film.