Ferrero rocher cakes
Everything is perfectly balanced here: the super chocolate biscuit, the crunchy layer with nuts and waffle crumbs, and the mousse...
Explore full recipe
- Whip the room temperature eggs with salt and sugars until white and fluffy.
- Heat the milk with the butter.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and cocoa.
- Pour it into the whipped eggs, and knead with a spatula.
- Stir in the hot milk and butter.
- Prepare an 18x36 cm frame - wrap the bottom with foil, put a rectangle of baking paper inside (or use a baking tray lined with parchment). Place on a rack or other flat surface.
- Pour out the dough. Bake in a preheated oven to 347F for about 8-10 minutes until dry.
- Cool. Wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 6 hours.
- Take the ripened biscuit out, and cut into two layers across, or if baked in a baking tray - cut two squares with a frame of 18x18 cm.
To make the soaking, brew the coffee or dilute instant coffee and sugar in boiling water, and cool.