The calculation in the recipe is for an 18cm (7.09 inch) cake.
- Whip eggs with sugar until white.
- Add the baking soda, slaked with lemon juice or vinegar.
- Next, alternately put the sour cream and sifted flour, mix the mass, and divide it in half.
- Add the cocoa to one part, and mix again.
- After that, pour the dough into 2 rings, and bake the cake layers in the oven preheated to 374F (190C) for 30 minutes.
- Cut off the tops of the cooled cake layers, and cut each in half.
- Soak the gelatin with water (in ratio 1:6). Melt it, and cool. Be careful, and don't let the gelatin harden.
- Pour the gelatin into the sour cream, and whip it with the rest of ingredients until fluffy.
- Cover the cake layers with the cream.
- Sprinkle the assembled cake with biscuit crumbs (just grind the cake layers remains for it).