There are no words to describe how good it is !!! Pears, caramel, rum ... mmm…..
For a 21 cm (8.3 inch) diameter mold you will need:
- 4-5 large pears (firm)
- 100 g sugar | 3.55 oz
- 100 g of calvados (in this case black Bacardi) | 3.55 oz
- Vanilla, cinnamon to taste
- Butter 50 g | 1.75 oz
- Ready-made puff pastry 375 g | 13.25 oz
- Preheat the oven to 392F.
- Peel the pears and cut them lengthwise into 4 pieces. Heat 3.55 oz of sugar and 3.55 oz of Calvados in a frying pan. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Boil the caramel, then add butter. Place the pears in the caramel.
- Reduce heat and simmer, drizzle with caramel, 5 to 10 minutes, until pears get softer but still will keep the shape. Put the pears in a baking dish, tightly to each other. Drizzle with the remaining caramel.
- Roll out the ready-made dough to a thickness of about 0.2 inch and cut out a disc slightly larger than the baking dish (about 9 inch). Place the dough over the pears and caramel, and then gently fold the dough down the sides of the skillet.
- Bake the pie for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Remove the pie from the oven and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pie, then place a large serving dish on top and gently turn the pie.
Serve warm. They say it's good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. But it usually disappears so quickly, so it does not come to ice cream.