This cake is not a 100$ bank note for everyone to love it. It is pretty specific and definitely unusual. BUT! It's worth a try, of course. Maybe you will also have it on the list of your favorites.
Tomato-strawberry biscuit with vanilla and sun-dried tomatoes
You will need:
- 500 g cream 33% | 17.65 oz
- 120 g eggs | 4.25 oz
- 220 g butter 82.5% | 7.75 oz
- 250 g sugar | 8.80 oz
- 350 g flour | 12.35 oz
- 120 g almond flour | 4.25 oz
- 10 g baking powder | 0.35 oz
- vanilla 3 pods (or paste, essence) | 0.00 to taste
- 1/2 tins sun-dried tomatoes in oil | 1.00 lb
- First, place the tomatoes on a sieve and let the oil drain. Leave the boil for the salad. Then cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the cream with vanilla, and let it brew.
- Slightly heat the eggs (to 25C | 77F)); melt the butter (but don’t boil it) and mix everything with a blender. Gradually pour the cream into the butter and the eggs. Mix again. Place the resulting mass in a mixer bowl. Add the sugar and whip it lightly. Add all the dry ingredients, sifted together, then the tomato slices; whip for a couple of minutes.
- Bake the biscuit at 150C (302F) for about 30 minutes.
- 65 g cream 33% | 2.30 oz
- 2 large juicy tomatoes | 2.00 items
- 20 g ready-made grated tomatoes | 0.70 oz
- 1 g balsamic vinegar | 0.05 oz
- 125 g powdered sugar | 4.40 oz
- 20 g glucose syrup | 0.70 oz
- 100 g soft butter 82.5% | 3.55 oz
- 3 g gelatin | 0.10 oz
NOTICE: the taste and flavor of the tomatoes is important, it has to become the star of the dish! It is easier to find the tasty ones in summer, but it is also possible in winter. The only thing the can stop you is the price))
- So, cut the tomatoes into pieces and simmer them over a low heat until the moisture evaporates. Add some salt. Rub the tomatoes through a sieve until you get a tomato mass. Add the ready-made grated tomatoes (they should be at the room temperature).
- Make the caramel from the powdered sugar and the glucose syrup; deglaze it with the hot cream, stirring with a whisk. Add the diced soft butter, then the resulting tomato paste and the swollen gelatin. Mush it with a blender. Cool and refrigerate until stabilized.
- 80 g strawberry puree | 2.80 oz
- 80 g cream 33% | 2.80 oz
- 150 g white chocolate | 5.30 oz
- 15 g cocoa butter | 0.55 oz
- 60 g natural yoghurt | 2.10 oz
- 1 vanilla pod (essence, paste) | 1.00 item
Melt the chocolate, and mix it with the melted cocoa butter. Heat the cream with vanilla, and emulsify it with the chocolate. Add the puree and the yoghurt. Mix it. Remove until stabilized.
You will need:
- 500 g cream cheese | 17.65 oz
- 125 g butter 82.5% | 4.40 oz
- 120 g powdered sugar | 4.25 oz
- 5 g cinnamon | 0.20 oz
Whip the soft butter and the powdered sugar until whiteness (about 10 to 12 minutes, removing the butter from the walls of the bowl). Stir in the cold cheese and the ground cinnamon.
Assemble the cake.