- Combine the dry ingredients, and stir.
- Add the water, and knead the dough, gradually adding olive oil.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and leave warm for an hour.
- An hour later, knead the risen dough, and send it to the second proofing for 1 hour.
- Next, divide the dough into two parts. Roll out the first part thinner, grease with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse sea salt, sesame seeds and a thin layer of Provencal herbs. Spread the seasoning well by hand.
- Cut it into strips of 1-1.5cm (0.40-0.60 inch), and twist three strips each, shaping grissini sticks. Repeat the same actions with the second half of the dough.
- Spread the sticks on parchment, and bake them in oven preheated to 200C (392F) for about 15 minutes. As soon as grissini get reddened, remove the dish from the oven.